Swift – A Smart Approach For iOS App Development
The Swift programming language seems to be the future of mobile app development as it helps in developing high-performing and secure mobile application. This is the reason most of the mobile app developers adopted this programming language and soon it will reach at the top of the app development charts.
Swift language has been around in the mobile app development industry for a while. According to Upwork study, tech companies are increasingly looking for developers who know how to develop mobile application in Swift.
According to RedMonk “In a world in which it’s incredibly difficult to break into the Top 25 of language rankings, let alone the Top 10, Swift managed the chore in less than four years.”
Since Swift is more mature and facile, mobile app developers are planning to use Swift for server-side development also. It’s been four years, Apple introduced Swift to replace Objective-C. But to make these things smooth, Apple launched its new version i.e Swift 4.0.
This new version pinpoint towards an increasing dependency on data and machine learning to built contextual mobile application that offer productivity through pro-activity. And to offer a 360-degree view of the IT services have become a mainstay for mobile app development management. This rise in app intelligence to offer customer experience will continue to ensure Apple invests heavily in the enterprise.
Benefits Of Swift 4.0 In Mobile App Development
For mobile app developers, Swift 4.0 is a major release as it contains a variety of features that let them write simpler and shortcode. You’ll be pleased to know that this new language is compatible with your existing Swift code, so you don’t need to rewrite the same code for again and again.
Let’s take a look at Swift 4.0 more closely
Swift 4 has introduced a new Codable protocol that lets mobile app developers serialize and deserialize custom data types without writing any special code and without losing actual value types. Even they can choose how data to be serialized with the help of a classic property list format or even JSON.
In Swift 4, you don’t need to encode all the properties of your data type as it automatically encode all the properties inside the data type.
In Swift, mobile app developers need to add “\n” inside the strings to add line breaks while writing multi-line strings. But in Swift 4, multi-line string literal syntax let developers add line breaks freely and use quote marks without escaping.
Difference Between Swift And Objective-C
After the announcement of Apple that Swift is better than its predecessor for iOS coding, development community started focusing on it instead of objective C. There are various differences between Swift and objective C, let’s discuss deeply.
- Objective C references a property dynamically rather than directly. These references, known as key paths, are distinct from direct property accesses because they don’t actually read or write the value, they just stash it away for use later on.
- Objective C, which has been in the field from a long time holds simpler syntax and easy to understand features which makes it user-friendly.
- Swift provides comprehensible codes and gives a much neater look, providing much more readability.
- Swift offer features like providing the range for iterative statements, switch functionality revamp, type inference, closures, which are similar to blocks, generics, which can take up any data type.
- Swift underpin Unicode characters, as variable names
- Swift is safe, modern and powerful coding language, which allows the user to interact with a running app, side by side, which Objective C cannot.
The Swift programming language seems to be the future of mobile app development as it helps in developing high-performing and secure mobile application. This is the reason most of the mobile app developers adopted this programing language and soon it will reach at the top of the app development charts.
If you are looking for any sort of consultation, solution, service based on Swift for iOS mobile app development, you can contact one of our executives at +1(512) 488-3568 or drop your inquiry at firstname.lastname@example.org or Free Quote HERE.